Uttar Pradesh Dairy Market: A Comprehensive Overview
Uttar Pradesh is the largest dairy producer in India, accounting for over 17% of the country’s total milk production. The state has a well-developed dairy industry with a strong presence of both public and private sector players.
The Uttar Pradesh dairy market is estimated to be worth over INR 1,626.7 billion (USD 22.4 billion) in 2022 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 10% during the period 2023-2028. (source: IMARC)
Uttar Pradesh Dairy Market Key Drivers of Growth
The Uttar Pradesh dairy market is driven by a number of factors, including:
- Growing population: Uttar Pradesh is one of the most populous states in India, with a population of over 200 million. The growing population is leading to increased demand for dairy products.
- Rising disposable incomes: The disposable incomes of people in Uttar Pradesh are rising, which is leading to increased spending on dairy products.
- Urbanization: The urbanization rate in Uttar Pradesh is increasing, which is leading to a shift in consumer preferences towards processed dairy products.
- Government support: The Uttar Pradesh government is providing a number of incentives to promote the development of the dairy industry in the state.
The Uttar Pradesh dairy market can be segmented by product type, distribution channel, and region.
By product type:
- Ice cream
- Other dairy products
By distribution channel:
- Modern trade channels (supermarkets, hypermarkets, convenience stores)
- Traditional trade channels (kirana stores, milk booths)
- Online channels
- Western Uttar Pradesh
- Eastern Uttar Pradesh
- Central Uttar Pradesh
Some of the key players in the Uttar Pradesh dairy market include:
- Mother Dairy
- Parle Agro
- VRS Group
- Prabhat Dairy
- Dodla Dairy
- Kwality Dairy
The Uttar Pradesh dairy market faces a number of challenges, including:
- Fragmentation: The dairy market in Uttar Pradesh is highly fragmented, with a large number of small and medium-scale players. This makes it difficult to consolidate the market and improve efficiency.
- Lack of infrastructure: The state lacks adequate infrastructure for the collection, processing, and distribution of milk. This leads to spoilage and wastage of milk.
- Low productivity: The productivity of dairy animals in Uttar Pradesh is relatively low. This is due to a number of factors, including poor breeding practices, inadequate feed and fodder availability, and lack of veterinary care.
- Competition from the unorganized sector: The unorganized sector plays a major role in the dairy market in Uttar Pradesh. This sector is characterized by low-quality products and poor hygiene standards.
The Uttar Pradesh government is taking a number of initiatives to promote the development of the dairy industry in the state. These initiatives include:
- Providing subsidies to dairy farmers for the purchase of cattle, feed, and fodder.
- Setting up milk chilling centers and milk processing plants.
- Promoting the adoption of modern dairy farming practices.
- Launching awareness campaigns to educate consumers about the benefits of consuming dairy products.
The Uttar Pradesh dairy market is a large and growing market with a lot of potential. The government is taking a number of initiatives to promote the development of the industry. However, there are a number of challenges that need to be addressed, such as fragmentation, lack of infrastructure, low productivity, and competition from the unorganized sector.
Current Milk Prices by State in India
if your looking to get current milk prices by state in india then you can visit to our contact us page for more information.